In the next twenty years the number of elderly drivers is predicted to triple in the United States. Unfortunately we don't all retain the ability to drive a car throughout our lifetime. Physical disabilities, mental illness, medications, loss of vision, or frailty can end anyone's driving career prematurely. Thankfully Envoy America, a local Scottsdale business that provides transportation for Arizona seniors, has just recently expanded its service to the West Valley!
Envoy America started in the metro area by co-owners K.C. Kanaan and Andy Beran in May 2015 and has now grown to serve the entire Valley. The service is for seniors sixty-five years of age and older who no longer drive or do not want to drive and need more personal assistance than a taxi cab can offer. Here’s what you need to know about this fantastic transportation service that serves older adults in the community.
- Clients must call twenty-four hours in advance to arrange a ride.
- The cars hold up to four passengers.
- The hourly charge is based on the time the driver spends with the client, not on mileage.
- Clients who ride on a regular basis get a volume discount of five to fifteen percent.
- All drivers, whom are usually aged fifty and up, are background checked, drug tested, and receive special training to serve the aging population
- For people who cannot afford the service, a Friedel Family Senior Transportation Fund has been established to defray most of the cost of the ride.
For more information about this valuable transportation service to active adults and Arizona retirees, visit envoyamerica.com. And for more local community services for older adults in Arizona or to locate an Arizona retirement community to call home, please contact Sharon Mason today.